You are here
Positive benefits of sport and looking after your mental fitness
Positive Benefits of Sport
- Positive Attitude
- Enhanced self-confidence and positive selfbelief
- Development of Good Communication skills
- Making Boundaries/ Setting Limits
- Strong sense of community/belonging
- Opportunities to socialise in a safe
- Reduced feelings of anxiety and increased
- Reduced stress and depression
- Improved mood and concentration
- Opportunity to make new friends
- Developing social skills
Looking after your Mental Fitness
- Talk to your Friends: If you have something on your mind, get it off your chest and talk to a mate – don’t bottle things up.
- Eat well: Try and eat a balanced diet and avoid sugary food and drinks which can pick you up short term but have no health or energy benefits. Good Food can = Good Mood.
- Take “Time Out” for yourself: You time is important – be it an activity, a run, chilling out watching a DVD or your favourite show –try to have something to look forward to each day – no matter how big/small.
- Get Active: It's great if you are part of a club, but you can do other active things. You can join a gym, go running with friends, go walking, do an activity where you set your own goals and objectives, boost your self-esteem and confidence.
- Be aware of all the services on your doorstep: Your community has lots of great groups who can help with a range of things from Mental Health, Debt Management/Benefit Entitlement, CVs, Employment & Learning, Education, Trauma etc. If you know your options you can make BETTER CHOICES.
Find blogs with relevant and up-to-date info about mental health, society and other youth topics; written by a variety of youth and professional contributors.